« Home | Coming soon! » | Like beer? » | Feist Club » | see any spiders at the grocery store? » | Snow » | Halifax likes to drink » | Willie is coming! » | The Christmas Tree debacle » | Sport Nova Scotia » | Halifax Tuesdays » 

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 

Halifax drivers


 


Being a Pedestrian


 


More and more I am almost getting rundown on a daily basis in this city so I feel like I should give a good rant about it. I have lived in some cities with some pretty bad drivers, Windsor and Toronto to name a few but I have never seen it so bad as it is here in Halifax.


I have lost count at how many times drivers do not follow the lights and just drive around corners or even through reds. The walk signal is always there and yet I am having to dodge cars or trucks. Nine times out of ten they are not paying attention or on their fancy little celly. In Ontario is was more about agressive drivers trying to squeak into spaces they could not get and a lot of crazy passing in the curb lanes. Lights and crosswalks however were pretty safe and the pedestrian kind of had some pull. Maybe because there are so many people walking or biking, I don't know but Halifax must have all kinds of walkers hit per year.


It takes all of my restraint to kick or throw something at these drivers who just don't care about what is in front of them. I once had to yank Bosco back so hard I am sure he had some whip lash.


Anyways that is my rant for this week. I hope to make this a weekly column in attempts to spice up the blog for those who are bored of the everyday.


 


Please comment and share your thoughts and opinions as well.

About me

  • I'm M-Fax
  • From Halfax, Nova Scotia, Canada
My profile

Links

Powered by Blogger

Personal Blog Top Sites

IP Address Location