« Home | I love this City » 

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 

5 Favourite Places in Halifax

Well I have been here for just over 6 weeks now and I feel I am ready for a top 5 list. So here goes, my 5 favourite places (so far) in Halifax.

(in no particular order)

1-Maxwell's Plum- A nice pub downtown that certainly gives beer a good name. They have over 60 on tap and many more in bottle. The wings are great and they have brewtenders for 16 bucks. You can also eat all the peanuts you want and throw the shells on the floor. Good for watching the game or a night out with your buds.

2-The Commons- I know all the locals are gasping at this but it is true. I walk my dog there quite often and cut through it to get anywhere in the city. A huge open space that gives you peace from what could be cement and buildings. I hear a lot of bad stuff goes on there but until it affects me it is going on the list.

3-The Canadian Tire on Quinpool- not much needed to say here, it is Canadian Tire!! We all know it and love it, it just makes me feel happy to walk the aisles and smell the possibility in the air.

4-Point Pleasant Park- I know I never saw it before the hurricane but I still love it. The trails, the history and the ocean. I went there a few weekends ago and took a lot of great pictures. I cannot wait to check it out when the snow hits.

5-House of Dogs- this little pet shop that deals pretty much with dogs is just down the street from me. I love the name and the people there are off the charts friendly. Anyone who gives my pup free treats is good in my books.


until next time

Keep up the good work »

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm M-Fax
  • From Halfax, Nova Scotia, Canada
My profile

Previous posts

Links

Powered by Blogger

Personal Blog Top Sites

IP Address Location